Frequently Asked Questions
What are the basic qualifying investment options available in Saint Lucia?
Currently, the Program offers investment through:
- National Economic Fund
- Approved Real Estate Projects
- Approved Enterprise Projects
- Non-Interest-Bearing Government Bonds
Who is eligible to apply for the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program?
To be eligible, any individual wishing to submit an application through the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program must:
- Not be less than 18 years of age
- Satisfy a minimum qualifying investment in one of the four investment options enumerated above
- Provide details and evidence of the proposed qualifying investment
- Along with their qualifying dependents over the age of 16, scale through the due diligence check
- Provide full and honest disclosure on all matters pertaining to the application and
- Pay the requisite non-refundable processing, due diligence and administrative fees.
Who is a principal applicant?
A principal applicant is the person who, as head of a family, undertakes an investment for the purpose of acquisition of Saint Lucia citizenship. This person signs the relevant agreements and undertakings on behalf of his or her dependents.
Who is a qualifying dependent?
A qualifying dependent can be:
- A spouse of the applicant
- A child of the applicant or of his or her spouse who is twenty-one years of age or less
- A child of the applicant or of his or her spouse who is no more than thirty years of age and who is fully supported by the applicant
- A child of the applicant or of his or her spouse, of any age, who is physically or mentally challenged and who is fully supported by the applicant
- A parent of the applicant or of his or her spouse who is above fifty-five years of age and who is wholly dependent on the applicant
- A parent of any age who is physically or mentally challenged and who is entirely supported by the applicant;
- An unmarried sister or brother of the applicant who is below eighteen years of age and who has received the consent of his or her parent or guardian to make an application for citizenship by investment.
I am interested in applying for the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program. What are the requisite fees?
National Economic Fund
- Applicant applying alone – US$100,000
- Applicant applying with spouse – US$165,000
- Applicant applying with spouse and up to 2 qualifying dependents – US$190,000
- Each additional qualifying dependent, of any age – US$25,000
Add-on of Dependents
- Newborn (up to 12 months) – US$500
- Spouse of citizen – US$35,000
- Qualifying dependent of a citizen other than a spouse – US$25,000 each
Government Bond (five-year holding bond)
- Applicant applying alone- US$ 500,00
- Applicant applying with spouse- US$ 535,000
- Applicant applying with spouse and up to 2 other qualifying dependents- US$550,00
- Each additional qualifying dependent – US$25,000
Non- refundable administration fee – US$50,000
- Applicant – US$300,000
Each additional qualifying dependent of any age is required to pay the processing and administration fee as follows:
- Applicant applying alone – US$30,000
- Applicant applying with spouse – US$45,000
- Each qualifying dependent (18 years of age and above) – US$10,000
- Each qualifying dependent (under 18 years of age) – US$5,000
- Applicant applying with spouse and more than four qualifying dependents – US$10,000 each
Due Diligence Fees & Background Check Fees
- Applicant alone – US$7,500
- Each qualifying dependent over 16 years of age – US$5,000
Non-refundable Processing Fees
- Applicant alone – US$2,000
- Each qualifying dependent – US$1,000
How long will it take to process my citizenship application?
It will take approximately ninety (90) days from the date of notifying your Authorized Agent that your application has been accepted for processing, to the time of grant of the citizenship. In the case of any extenuating circumstances that will cause a delay in the processing of your application, the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program will promptly notify your Authorized Agent directly.
What language should my supporting documents be in?
You must submit all supporting documents in the original language – ENGLISH. If the original language of the supporting document is NOT English, then you MUST provide the document in its original language and in the required format (original or certified true copy). You MUST however include the authenticated translation of that document in English language.
Does the Program conduct due diligence on the applicants?
Yes. The Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program has a rigorous due diligence process. This process involves the engagement of law enforcement agents and third-party due diligence firms. A decision is promptly made on the application upon receipt of feedback from the law enforcement and due diligence firms.
Will the Program conduct due diligence on my sixteen (16) year old?
Yes, the Program will conduct full due diligence on applicants of sixteen (16) years and older.
Now that I have received a notification of citizenship grant from the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program, what is the next step?
At this point, you are required to make payment of commensurate investment amount to the Program as well as submit the oath or affirmation of allegiance.
Where can the oath or affirmation be taken and who can sign?
Every successful applicant must sign the oath of allegiance before any of the following:
- an attorney-at-law,
- a Consular Officer of Saint Lucia,
- an Honorary Consul of Saint Lucia,
- or a Notary Royal or Notary Public.
How can I acquire Saint Lucian citizenship on behalf of my family?
Following the award of citizenship by investment to the Principal Applicant, the Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Board may grant an application for citizenship to a qualifying dependent under the following situations:
- If he or she was already a qualifying dependent as at the time the application was made by the citizen and the application for citizenship by investment of the qualifying dependent was made not later than five years prior to the application by the citizen.
- If the qualifying dependent is a child born after the application was made by the citizen.
- If the qualifying dependent is a spouse of the citizen and got married to the citizen after he/she made the application.
St. Lucia is located in the Caribbean between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean.
• Visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to 146
• No physical presence required & no minimum stay required.
• Attractive program and processing costs (from just $100,000).
• Dual citizenship recognized.
• Attractive tax regime. No tax on worldwide income.
• Entire family are eligible. Including spouse, children, parents and siblings.
• Ability to to add additional dependents for up to five years after the main applicant’s grant of citizenship.
• Short investment period. 5 years if you invest in property or government bonds.
• Investment required only after approval. Complete investments after receiving citizenship application approval.
Total area size:
616 sq. km. (152,216 acres)
0-14: 20.35%, 15-24: 15.88%, 25-54: 42.97%, 55-64: 9.58%, 65+: 11.22%
English (official language) & French patois.
Roman Catholic: 61.5%, Protestant: 25.5%, Pentecostal: 8.9%, Baptist: 2.2%, Anglican: 1.6%, Church of God: 1.5%, Other Protestant: 0.9%), Other Christian: 3.4% (includes Evangelical: 2.3% and Jehovah’s Witness: 1.1%), Rastafarian: 1.9%, Other: 0.4%, None: 5.9%, Unspecified: 1.4%
Parliamentary democracy (Parliament) under a constitutional monarchy and Commonwealth realm.
East Caribbean dollars (XCD), tied to USD (1 USD = 2.7 XCD).